February 4, 2014

Epic Recs: February

Feature created by Amber and Judith, Graphic created by Judith
January's Epic Recs went fantastically. You can see proof of such fantastic-ness in my review of GRAVE MERCY by Robin LaFevers and in Lisa's review of SCARLET by A.C. Gaughen. Now, Lisa and I had so much fun working together that we're going to continue with Epic Recs. So I bet you're all wondering what we've picked for each other, huh? WONDER NO LONGER.


I recommended WHERE SHE WENT by Gayle Forman to Lisa. If you're wondering why, you should check out Lisa's blog (spoilers: I did it because I'm a crazy selfish chick). And if you're wondering why Lisa recommended INSIGNIA by S.J. Kincaid to me, you should probably keep reading (spoilers: she was really thinking of me and what I like - who's the better friends here, I wonder?). 

"Gaby's list of things she likes in books included military, sci-fi, and character driven books. INSIGNIA by S.J. Kincaid is DEFINITELY ticking off those boxes! It's also one of those books that I really adore but can't recommend to everyone, so when I saw Gaby was into those types of elements in books, I was like OH YES PLZ. I am so happy Gaby is my people! Anyway, INSIGNIA features an awkward yet rad kid named Tom who gets drafted to a military boarding school to virtually fight WWIII but of course all is not as it seems which makes for great plotting. Also, I know that Gaby will LOVE reading the about the characters at the military academy!"

So have you read INSIGNIA? Will I like it? And how about WHERE SHE WENT? How selfish do you guys think I'm being, considering Lisa isn't big on realistic fiction? Be sure to comment here and then head over to Lisa's Feburary Epic Recs post