August 12, 2014

Top Ten Expired ARCs I Have I'm Not Sure I Want To Read (59)

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
DISCLAIMER: I do not, in any way, mean for this post to sound ungrateful. I am incredibly grateful for all of the ARCs in my life. I just happened to have gone to ALAMW14, and BEA14. I also have some generous friends (whom I'm also incredibly grateful for). Between all of this, the ARCs pile up and I'm not a fast enough reader or a dedicated enough blogger to keep to any kind of schedule. Not to mention, between the moment a book is pitched to me or I read the back cover and I actually consider the book for reading pre-pub, I sometimes lose some interest.

I also sometimes forget when publication dates and then they're gone and then it's all confused and my brain melts a little. So there's that too. 

Anyway, now that all of the disclaimers are done with, we can move on to the stack I seem to need to disclaim about...


1. THROUGH TO YOU by Lauren Barnholdt
I dunno. It's another contemporary?

2. SUMMER OF YESTERDAY by Gaby Triana
A) This author has the same first name as me and she spells it the same way I do.
B) This is a time travel thing involved?
I like both of these things but is it enough.

3. DARK METROPOLIS by Jaclyn Dolamore
It's magic, it's 1930s-esque. It's... something? Tell me why to reeeeaaaad it.

4. HEXED by Michelle Krys
Witches? Right? I want to read that. Right? (DO I?)

5. (DON'T YOU) FORGET ABOUT ME by Kate Karyus Quinn
I like to pretend I'm really into horror but when it all boils down to basics, I can't totally stomach it. But I still insist on picking them up. What is wrong with me? Is this one worth it?

6. KILLER INSTINCT by S.E. Green
More horror. But I like serial killer stories. Or, rather, I like Criminal Minds. So I like watching shows about serial killers. But can I read it? CAN I?

7. EXILE by Kevin Emerson
Music, I love. But I've heard some iffy things and now I'm on the fence. HALP.

8. THE TAKING by Kimberly Derting
FIVE YEARS HAVE PASSED AND SHE HASN'T AGED A DAY. Tell. Me. More. I just... don't know. The cover doesn't do things for me? I forgot about it? It is worth my attention now?

9. THE BREAK UP ARTIST by Philip Siegel
I was excited about this one, started reading, saw where it was going, decided I didn't love where I saw it going. So I stopped. But maybe you guys can get me excited about it again?

10. GUY IN REAL LIFE by Steve Brezenoff
GEEKS. But this is another one I started and wasn't in love with. Help some more?

11. SIDE EFFECTS MAY VARY by Julie Murphy
This is my biggest bookish regret. I want to love this one. But I was 100 pages in and I wasn't. I intellectually understood why I wasn't, my heart just wasn't in it. Can you guys convince my heart to give it another shot?

PLEASE NOTE: Any of the books from this list I decide not to keep get donated. I already have about 30 other ARCs to donate. So, in reality, I taking the things I'm very grateful for and handing them to people who'll enjoy them. No waste. NO WASTE. Still. Grateful.

(Don't judge me.)

(Oh, and, the reason I used ARCs I have is because telling you guys about the finished books I own I'm not sure about anymore is too embarrassing for me. Also, taking things off my TBR isn't as tangible for me and I want this post to be a possible purge.)

SO. HELP ME. PLEASE. Tell me what's not worth reading! (Or what is worth reading!)